Monday 17 June 2013

A Pocketful of Canada


I took this photo because I was inspired by a little book I found in a thrift shop titled "A Pocketful of Canada." It was written in 1942, and is a wonderful collection of facts, poems, shanty's, personal stories, pictures, quotations and letters from the likes of Prime Ministers past, farmers, artists, and myth. The preface  describes it as being a guide for new comers to Canada and Canadian citizens themselves that really shows what it means to be Canadian. I've only thumbed through it so far, but what I've read has evoked the iconic idea of the trapper/hunter of the Great Canadian wilderness for me. I can't wait to read it cover to cover. I also found a wonderful version of our National Anthem and also some beautiful poems. I think it is going to be quite delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment